Top 100+ Controversial Research Topics For College Students And Everyone
- Jac Jo. By
- May 9, 2023
- 7 Min Read
Are you confused about choosing a controversial research paper topic? Controversial research topics have great potential to generate healthy debates among students, researchers, and so on. However, selecting such a topic can be daunting and, thus, needs careful consideration and planning.
If you are unable to choose an excellent controversial topic, you can refer to this article. We have compiled a list of great controversial research paper topics that you can choose from.
Tips For Selecting Controversial Research Topics
Selecting a controversial research topic is complex and needs careful thinking and planning. This is essential as it has the potential to make your research paper shine among the crowd and increase the chances of getting good grades. Here are some tips that will help you select an outstanding controversial research topic:
- The topic you choose must have good information so that you can research and write about it. Additionally, the subject must be interesting to you and your readers.
- Please choose a topic that your readers can relate to and make them curious to learn more about it.
- Narrow down your topic, and do not go for a broad topic, as it will be challenging to write about it.
- Ensure the research topic has good scope for discussion that helps you put forward your views and arguments with solid evidence.
- Add as much as references, information, facts, and evidence to back your arguments.
Also check out our other suggestions on other research paper topics & ideas to get an A+ in your academics.
Intriguing Controversial Research Topics
- The potential dangers and benefits of gene editing in humans.
- Uninsured medical patients and their safety.
- The use of AI (artificial intelligence) in decision-making and its potential impact on human autonomy.
- Vegetarianism vs. Non-vegetarianism: What is healthy?
- The result of social media on mental health and well-being.
- The effect of violence in video games on children.
- Is it morally ethical to use animals in scientific research or experiments?
- Your viewpoints on veganism: How healthy is it?
- The safety and efficacy of vaccines and the ethics of mandatory vaccination policies.
- How feasible are self-driving cars? Do they carry more risks?
- Covid-19 and its controversies.
- The ethics and implications of human organ donation and transplantation.
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- The causes and potential solutions to income inequality.
- The effects of climate change on global food security and agricultural productivity.
- Personal medical data: How safe is it?
- What are your views on the use of psychedelics for therapeutic purposes?
- How effective are online therapy and counseling?
- How is automation affecting employment and the workforce across the world?
- The ethics and potential consequences of using artificial intelligence for surveillance and national security purposes.
- Catholicism and its restrictions.
- Should schools teach defense and martial arts to students?
- Do you think the use of animal skin for fashion products must be regulated?
- How reliable is the crypto sector? Should people invest in it?
- Is the dependency on social media increasing?
Fascinating Controversial Research Topics
- The impact of income and wealth on political influence and democracy.
- Discuss your views on tobacco advertisements and their consequences.
- Discussed the issues with medical tourism.
- What are the effects of single parenting?
- Male versus female parenting: What are the negatives and positives?
- The use of cognitive-enhancing drugs by students and professionals and its ethical issues.
- The effectiveness of psychiatric medications for treating mental illness.
- The impact of social and economic factors on healthcare outcomes.
- The role of government in regulating and taxing sugary drinks and junk food.
- #Metoo movement and its influence across the world.
- The benefits and drawbacks of a universal basic income.
- The existence of extraterrestrial life and the potential implications for humanity.
- How ethical is it to use psychedelic drugs for spiritual or religious purposes?
- What are the possible consequences of human cloning technology?
- What is the moral impact of genetically modifying animals on human consumption?
- Do climatic changes affect global migration patterns and refugee crises?
- The potential benefits and drawbacks of a cashless society.
- Discuss the effects of placebo treatments in medical research.
- What are the negative effects of media violence on children?
- The impact of using animals in zoos on the spirit of animals.
- Is it ethical to use animals for entertainment?
- The Role of Race and Genetics in healthcare disparities and treatment outcomes.
- What is the impact of nuclear power on the environment and public health?
- Is it ethical to use drones in military operations?
- The result of artificial intelligence on the job market and employment opportunities.
Excellent Controversial Research Topics
- What is the impact of social media on personal privacy and data security?
- What is the use of performance-enhancing drugs in sports, and its consequences on athletes and the integrity of the sport?
- The effectiveness and ethics of using electroconvulsive therapy for mental illness.
- The ethics and effectiveness of using brain implants to enhance cognitive function.
- The consequences of social media algorithms on spreading of misinformation.
- Should social media be censored?
- Does the consumption of alcohol induce domestic violence?
- The validity of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and other personality tests.
- What is the impact of religion on politics and society?
- The negative effects of longer screen time on children’s cognitive and social development.
- How does income inequality affect social mobility and economic growth?
- What is the impact of meat consumption on the environment and public health?
- The use of embryonic stem cells in medical research and treatment.
- The validity of psychological testing and its use in employment and education.
- How do cell phones affect the health of people who use them?
- Role of automation on job displacement and unemployment.
- The ethics and impact of using AI for predictive policing and criminal justice.
- What is the impact of automation on the future of the job market?
- The ethics and consequences of using unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) for civilian surveillance and warfare.
- Is it ethical to use big data for consumer profiling and targeted advertising?
- Fast food chains: Should they be regulated?
- The impact of minimum wage policies on employment and economic growth.
- The effectiveness and ethics of using mind-altering substances in treating mental illness.
- What is the impact of social media on the political environment across the world?
- The impact of globalization on cultural diversity and national identity.
Popular Controversial Research Topics
- Should schools allow students to carry smartphones inside the campus?
- The use of performance-enhancing drugs in professional sports and the consequences for athletes and the integrity of the sport.
- The impact of affirmative action policies on diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Discuss the ethics and consequences of using nuclear energy as a primary source of electricity.
- The effects of income tax policies on economic growth and income distribution.
- The effects of climate change on global food security and the role of genetically modified crops in addressing this challenge.
- Discuss the voting rights of prisoners.
- Discuss the abortion law and its impact.
- Discuss the dark side of the fashion industry.
- How safe are nightclubs?
- The role of digital media on patriarchy.
- Is it ethical to use opium for sedation purposes?
- Sustainable fashion: Can everyone afford it?
- Discuss the impact of global warming on developing countries.
- Is religious intolerance growing across the world?
- Legalizing euthanasia: Discuss the merits and demerits.
- Discuss freedom of speech with respect to media.
- Discuss the merits and demerits of using robots in teaching.
- Surrogation: how is it affecting the surrogate mothers and society?
- Feminism and its impact on women today.
- Should there be a law to supervise the use of guns?
- Discuss the impact of ethical hacking.
- Does the unregulated usage of social media impact cyber crimes?
- Does fast life create health issues among the youth?
- Teenage marriages and their consequences.
Choosing controversial research paper topics is not an easy task; it needs good planning and additionally one must also be aware of its implications. Overall, a good topic can spark good discussions and thoughts that can eventually lead to innovative solutions on a topic. Thus, it is imperative that one chooses a strong topic. Fortunately, this article lists some great topics that one can use to write a research paper on. If you are still confused on how to research a topic for writing papers, check out our articles for more.